The purpose of this course is to provide physicians, nurses, behavioral health professionals and other members of the interdisciplinary team with a formal educational opportunity that will address the impact of tobacco smoking and secondhand exposure in public health and disease as well as interventions to promote smoking cessation among their patients. In addition, members of the public may use this course to enhance their personal knowledge of the subject matter presented.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
1. Describe the history of tobacco and its impact on society.
2. Define the prevalence and economic impact of tobacco smoke exposure on public health.
3. Differentiate between available tobacco products.
4. Describe the neurophysiological effects and addictive components of tobacco smoke.
5. Describe the anatomy and physiology of smoke inhalation, and outline key points in learning of behavior.
6. Define the psychological and physiological aspects of smoking dependence.
7. List the common health complications related to smoke exposure.
8. Identify the common comorbid conditions of tobacco users.
9. Describe the developmental complications related to prenatal exposure to smoke.
10. Define the effects of exposure to secondhand smoke for children and adults.
11. Identify the methods of detecting and measuring tobacco smoke exposure.
12. Define thirdhand smoke.
13. Outline the methods of tobacco cessation interventions, including necessary considerations for non-English proficient patients.
14. Define the treatment modalities for tobacco addiction, including pharmacological options.
15. Identify strategies to reduce exposure to tobacco smoke.
This 10-hour continuing education course is available for download for professional development; if continuing education credit is desired, please see instructions included in eBook.
Popular searches in Education Books : Read online Smoking and Secondhand Smoke by Mark Gold, Smoking and Secondhand Smoke Mark Gold PDF EBOOK download, Smoking and Secondhand Smoke Mark Gold epub iphone download, Smoking and Secondhand Smoke Mark Gold AUDIOBOOK play, Smoking and Secondhand Smoke by Mark Gold EPUB ebook reader, Smoking and Secondhand Smoke book review , Download Mark Gold's book MOBI, free ebook apk , Smoking and Secondhand Smoke book discussion forum, Smoking and Secondhand Smoke Mark Gold zip rar ebook file, Education